Friday, January 25, 2013

Choose your own path


When looking for directions on Google or most any map service, the option is given for several different routes to your destination.  As I look over the different options I can evaluate which way I want to go based on different factors.  Do I want to get to my destination as quickly as possible?  Do I need to go somewhere else along the way?  Do I want to avoid a certain road or area?  Do I want to see the sights along the way?  

The same is true for our destinations in life as well as our physical destinations.  There are multiple routes to arrive at the same destination.  The route one chooses to arrive at the desired destination is a personal decision.  A route that might lead to success for one person might lead to disaster for another.  

This idea can be applied to many aspects of our lives.  I've been on a weight loss/fitness journey for the past two years or so.  I seem to be on a path that works for me.  For another, it might be a recipe for disaster.  Its a matter of personality as much as anything else.  

Realizing that there are multiple paths to the same destination is a powerful epiphany.  Realizing that each person is traveling their own path is equally as important.  We cannot judge others for not following the same path we are on even if we are heading towards the same destination.  It is up to the individual to choose their own path.

No comments:

Post a Comment