Saturday, February 16, 2013

Running Negative

A less than stellar run this morning (read that as 18 miles of suck) has me thinking about the negative side of my marathon training.  Pain is a given.  Exhaustion is to be expected.  But as I continue on with my training, the biggest negative to me is the time factor.  Nearly everything has to be planned around my training.  What to eat, when to eat it, which days do I have to run,  how far do I have to run today.  These are the questions that guide most of my life at the moment.

If I never run another marathon, barring an injury, it will be the time involved that causes me to make that decision.

 With all these negatives floating in my head, I just have to remind myself that my next run will be better.  Running, like life, is not a smooth upward progression.  There will always be dips along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment