Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The best trip is a free trip.

Thanks to the combination of two free day passes and a gift card from completing a survey, we enjoyed a free trip to Biltmore yesterday.  Spring will always be my favorite season to visit, but winter has a charm as well.


I seemed to be stuck on a statue-in-the-foreground, house-in-the-background series of shots today.  Someday I will get around to taking photography classes again and figuring out what the hell I'm doing.



Each time I visit Biltmore, I come home and eye the field behind our house imagining what a few grand and a few years could turn it into.  Someday...


The orchids in the Conservatory had little competition yesterday.  As if they aren't beautiful enough on their own, the lack of color elsewhere made them all the more outstanding. 


A trip down the the barnyard showed an explosion of chickens.  In the past there were only a dozen or so hens, but yesterday there were a few hundred chickens.  I assume the estate is now producing its own eggs.  We spent a lot of time looking at the hen below trying to figure out the genetics behind the coloration.  We never really came up with an answer, but we definitely liked the color.



No comments:

Post a Comment