Monday, March 4, 2013

Slacking?

The beginning of March brings another opportunity to check in on my 2013 goals.  February brought a bit of a slump to my work on my goals.  A new month brings me the chance to get back on track.  

The original post about my 2013 goals can be found here .

Dallas' 2013 Personal Goals

Goal 1: Complete Covenant Health Marathon.
I'm still chugging along on my training plan.  Saturday was a 19 mile run which I completed without too much difficulty.  The weather was less than ideal, but nothing I couldn't handle.  I have one more truly long run on my training plan, then I start to taper until the marathon.

Goal 2: Hike 150 new Smokies trail miles.
With weather issues and marathon training, I still haven't been able to work on this goal at all.  This summer will have to include multiple monster hikes to meet the goal.

Goal 3: Post a 5k time under 20 minutes.
My only progress on this goal has been to tentatively identify several 5k's that I would like to run after the marathon.

Goal 4: Maintain weight under 200 lbs.
So far, pretty good.  I've still been hovering at 202.  Girl scout cookies did this goal no favors.

Goal 5: Run 1300 miles.
I ran 114 miles in February bringing my total for the year to 235.  I will need to average 107 miles for each remaining month to meet this goal.

Goal 6: Lift weights 3 times per week.
I've been horrible on this goal lately.  I partially blame it on the marathon training, but I also think I use the training to justify not lifting as often.

Goal 7: Blog 2 times per week.
I've slacked off on this goal a bit, but it should be simple to get back on track.

Goal 8: Read ten books.
I'm currently reading a couple of books, but finished nothing in February.

Mutual goals

Goal 1: Keep credit cards paid off monthly.
February was a success!

Goal 2: Have 2X in savings.
We are on track to meet this goal.  Using an app on our phones makes it easier to track daily spending and then save money.

Goal 3: Try 5 new fruits.
Nothing new this month.

Goal 4: Visit one new place each month.
We didn't make any stunning new visits this month.  We did drive a few new roads and then tried a new restaurant.  The Green Tomato Grill got two big thumbs up.


Anything worth doing isn't going to be easy.  Using the goal board and then checking in on a monthly basis forces me to refocus on my goals as needed.  February was a bit of a slacker month, but March will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment